Are you being wrongfully evicted?
The Pettit Law Firm helps fight wrongful evictions. The following is partial list of infractions regarding wrongful foreclosure:
- Failing to comply with giving proper notice and other legal requirements;
- Filing an eviction against a tenant who has lodged complaints about the condition of the property, questioned the legality of lease provisions;
- Harassing a tenant until they move out;
- Entering the premises without notice to or the consent of the tenant and evicting the tenant based on what the landlord saw during the unauthorized entry;
- Changing locks or shutting off utilities because a tenant is behind on his rent;
- Ignoring repair issues which constitute a risk to the tenant’s health or safety;
- Ignoring repair issues which make the property uninhabitable; and
- Evicting the tenant and moving into the premises (known as an owner move-in eviction)
- Improper notification during foreclosure process.
Other infractions by landlords may also be considered a wrongful eviction.
We charge an hourly rate of $225.00 to work on your case and an additional $500.00 to appear on your behalf at the eviction hearing within Dallas County. Additional fees may apply with other counties.